CLASSIFIEDS - eBay LISTINGS
About EVents Calendar FAQ EV Selector Links The EV Finder Archive Site Map Blog
Warning: There are scam artists currently Scamming eBay bidders.
Read the latest Scam Warnings for information on internet scams.
For more information about the evfinder eBay listings check the Notes at the bottom of the page
Note: Due to ongoing issues with eBay search and the volume of cars now being listed there, I have decided to stop updating these eBay listings. Active auctions Have now closed and no new auction will be added.
See my eBay Search Tips
---- The following listings are Sold ----
2003 RAV4-EV - Silver
Location Rowland Heights, CA
Ends: Feb 2, 2020
Note: Has weak batteries
Texas Direct Auto in Stafford, TX has the following Vehicles listed
White 2019 Tesla Model 3 SR - Item 402036690804 - Sold
Ends Jan 14, 2020
Notes on the eBay Listings
1. Scans are usually done starting around 5pm so listings posted after that time may not appear until the following day
2. The listings are usually updated in the early evening around 8pm. New entries are placed at the top of the list starting with the auctions that have the longest period to run. Vehicles are usually arranged starting with full sized EVs, City EVs, 3 wheel EVs, NEVS, and finally 2 wheel EVs. Listings are not checked on a daily basis so may stay on the listing for some time after they have terminated
3. I try to list only street legal vehicles but sometimes an off-road vehicle slips through the cracks. If you don't recognize the vehicle it pays to check with the seller to make sure it is street legal before bidding.
4. With electric scooters I chose the cutoff at 1500W but there are a few scooters with lower power ratings that have shown they can meet day to day commuting requirements and have slipped through into these listings
5. Dates, even for European listings, are set to the format mmm dd, yyyy normally used in the USA
6. I try to give a rundown of the condition of the vehicle but sometimes it is my guess so always check out the listings and ask questions before bidding. A guide to the terms I use is listed below
a. Needs batteries means that the battery pack needs to be replaced to make the vehicle functional
b. Weak batteries means that the car runs but does not exhibit full range. The existing range may be enough for some people.
c. Needs work means that there is some kind of electrical or mechanical issue that must be fixed to make the car functional. When I have specifics I will sometimes add them, such as "needs controller". I don't list issues with bodywork or interior unless it is in such bad repair that it makes the vehicle undrivable
7. Scam Warnings are placed on cars when something about the listing doesn't look right, such as the picture used belonging to another car. Usually I recommend inspection before bidding in these circumstances.
8. I don't list vehicles if I can't determine it's make and model. For example some people will list a vehicle as "Electric Scooter" with no further indication of make etc. and I always exclude these items. After all, if the vehicle is of such poor quality that the manufacturer is embarrassed to put their name on it why should I list it. I also see a lot of golf carts listed as street legal. If the listing doesn't say it has seat belts I usually view the pictures and if I don't see seat belts it isn't street legal so it doesn't get listed
9. I often see vehicles that are being sold by Chinese manufacturers. While many of these are legitimate there are a good number that are either scams or vehicles being sold that are not street legal and will probably cause the buyer grief as the try to get them through customs. Since I can't determine which are good and which are not I pass on all of them. I also pass on listings that promise an EV conversion in 6-8 weeks, if they don't have a vehicle to sell then I don't list them
Now for the fine print - remember always read the fine print
The information contained in this web site is based on information I have received about the availability of vehicles both new and used. I attempt to keep the information here as current as possible but I would appreciate being notified of any inaccuracies you may find. The appearance of a vehicle on this site does not imply any endorsement of that vehicle, or any implication that the vehicle will be suitable for your needs. As always you should investigate the vehicle and the seller before shelling out your hard earned money.